An exciting business opportunity exists for an artisan cheesemaker to go into partnership with a Landowner on the South Coast of England.
Based between the New Forest National Park and the BCP Conurbation; the Hinton Admiral Estate is looking to partner with an existing artisan cheesemaker in an unique business opportunity.
The Hinton Admiral Estate is approximately 5,000 acres in size and whilst it has, in recent years, diversified into other business opportunities, it is primarily an agricultural Estate at its core. This sees the Estate running a 700 cow dairy unit, farming c750 acres of arable land in partnership with a local contractor and the grazing of a small herd of conservation cows across the Estates heathland areas.
In 2024 the Estate will put its parkland into a Higher-Tier Stewardship Scheme with Natural England, which will involve a radical change of farming practices across approximately 250acres of land. This system will see the grazing of sheep as being an integral part of it.
As a direct result of this, the Estate is looking for a new partner to farm this area with and has a particular interest in partnering with someone to make artisan sheep’s cheese. The intention to be joint 50/50 partners in this new business venture.
The Estate is prepared to offer the partnership the following, provided they can find the right individual to work with.
- Accommodation for the partner and their family
- Access to up to 250 acres of grazing land
- Access to a range of modern agricultural buildings, including milking parlour
- Access to a direct retail outlet, which is passed each day by approximately 20,000 cars
- Access to a network of local food champions, including New Forest Marque, Hampshire Fare, Go New Forest and New Forest Business Partnership
- The support of a well-established Estate Management team
The Estate is looking to hear from someone with the following skills and interests.
- An established cheesemaking business, either of scale or as a cottage industry
- An experienced shepherd
- A strong track record in business to consumer and business to business sales
- An interest in conservation, including the grazing of rare breed livestock.
For an initial discussion please contact Estate Manager, Rich Shirley, on 01425 272 777.